We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It looks good and gives good looks to the carrot ... but it is also a mine of benefits for you and your future baby during pregnancy. discover its many assets and recipe ideas to enjoy.
Why carrot during pregnancy?
- She is rich in beta carotene, a powerful antioxidant and precursor of vitamin A that protects your baby's cellular development. Deficiency can cause eye problems and retarded growth.
- It also contains carotenoids, antioxidants capable of regulating the immune system. Needs are increased during pregnancy.
- His fibers have a high water retention capacity, which helps fight diarrhea like constipation, common during pregnancy.
- The carrot contains potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin C which facilitates the absorption of the latter and thus helps to fight against anemia.
- It is rich in vitamin K useful for blood clotting, vitamin B12 which participates in the production of red blood cells supplying oxygen to all the cells of the body.
Council +: if it comes from organic farming, just brush it with water instead of peeling it to get the most out of its nutrients. Otherwise, it is imperative to peel it carefully.
Our future mom recipes around the carrot
Carrot salad with yogurt
Omelette rolled with asparagus and carrots
Mashed peas and carrots
Sauteed chicken carrots-ginger
Carrot and spinach tortilla
Pie with leeks and carrots
Risotto leeks-carrots-gourmet peas
Cold soup with carrots and ginger